The ideal number of connections can vary from user to user. If you use too few, you will not get the best possible download speeds. If you use too many, you are wasting bandwidth, processing power and may actually get slower download speeds on CPU bound computers.
Finding the best number of connections for your system:
- Start with 5 connections, perform a 100MB download and take note of the download speed.
- Increase the number of connections by 1 and perform another 100MB download taking note of the download speed.
- Reapeat step 2 until you see no improvement in download speed: this is your ideal number of connections.
Share your results with other members by posting a reply to this question.
Your reply should include:
- Your rated connection speed in Mb/s (you can measure this on http://www.speedtest.net)
- Your download speed in KB/s
- The lowest number of connections to reach your maximum download speed.
If you use of the new streaming functionality introduced with BinTube Ultimate 4+, using less connections will improve playback and reduce interruptions, especially on slower internet connections. In most cases you should not have to use more than 10 connections. Testing is the best way to find the best number for you.